Citrin Cooperman is seeking a Business Development Manager to join its New York and Long Island offices and take a lead role in selling Citrin Cooperman’s suite of services across middle-market, commercial (i.e., manufacturing, distribution, technology, franchising, construction, etc.) companies in this marketplace. This is a manager position reporting to the New York City and Long Island Office Managing Partners and the firm’s Chief Marketing Officer. The focus of this role is penetrating into new prospects with an emphasis on pursing larger opportunities for our audit, tax and advisory services.
This position is a strategic, fast-paced hunter role (100% new business development, no account management) that will be tasked with new outreach to business owners and C-Suite contacts that we have yet to work with to educate them on our firm and our services. A successful Business Development Manager will directly contribute to growth through the generation of new revenue by adding new clients in a fast-paced, yet consultative sales cycle.
- Uncover and quality new opportunities in the marketplace – develop a robust pipeline.
- Identify and qualify prospects, create call plans and track progress in the firm’s CRM system.
- Conduct daily outbound sales calls (cold and warm calling), schedule and hold sales appointments with members of our partner group, obtain needed information to generate presentations and create value-centric sales pitches.
- Assist with negotiation and closing of new engagements.
- Contribute to building the Citrin Cooperman brand in the marketplace including attending industry conferences and other networking events.
- Cultivate and maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with colleagues and prospective clients.
- Seven or more years selling audit, tax and advisory services in the New York City/Long Island marketplace.
- Strong track record of meeting or exceeding quotas.
- Possess strong knowledge and an established network in the New York City/Long Island marketplace.
- Proven track record of leading, capturing and winning work.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Solid sales personality with a strong desire and ability to add new client companies and drive new revenue.
- Proven ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with C-level executives.
- Outstanding telephone sales skills as well as dynamic in-person relationship building and sales approach mentality to add value and build credibility immediately.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Minimum B.S. / B.A. degree or equivalent in business, marketing, communications or a related field.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Candidates must be self-motivated, and be able to work independently.
- The compensation structure for this positon is designed for high performers with uncapped earnings potential through a generous commission package.