At Citrin Cooperman we focus on What Counts! Team members, clients and the community! We are a growing nationally recognized, nation’s top 25, full-service accounting, tax, and consulting firm; Citrin Cooperman is not your typical CPA firm. Yes, we provide audit, tax, business advisory and technology services to a wide range of U.S. businesses, but we do it differently. We are business advisors and industry experts who support our clients to maintain their business and strategic goals, and we support a focus on continuous improvement and transformation.
We are among the nation’s top 25 largest accounting firms with over 900 firm members in 11 offices located throughout the Northeast, NYC, NJ, CT, RI, MA, MD and we continue to expand our demographics. Accounting today named Citrin Cooperman #22 within the 2017 Top 100 Firms.
Our Leveraged Financial Solutions Group provides financial accounting, advisory services and problem solving skills to enhance the value we provide to our client experiences. We are a talented, dedicated team, focused on providing exceptional client service, and exciting opportunities and experiences to our team members. We strive for a culture of continuous learning along with a healthy life-work integration, while supporting our community.
Citrin Cooperman’s LFS group is looking for a proactive and accomplished leader who will assume the critical role of supporting the Leveraged Financial Solutions expansion to Massachusetts. The successful candidate will support the LFS Practice Leader and collaborate with the existing RI Team, with the goal of directing a team that will be developed, and will provide accounting and advisory services to a wide variety of clients. This position requires business development skills and a proven track record for supporting and securing business, which includes expansion of business from existing client relationships and new business generated in the marketplace.
- Supports the Launch of MA office with support from RI Team and oversight and direction from the LFS Practice Leader.
- Oversees the LFS MA group.
- Attends monthly meetings with other office Directors and the LFS firm Practice Leader to
- Prioritize and implement strategic planning activities.
- Meets weekly with MA team members to remain informed, provide direction and
- opportunities for future growth, and seeking opportunities for new business.
- Plans, directs and coordinates with the MA LFS staff to ensure timely and accurate monthly accounting services are provided.
- Analyzes LFS department operations and oversight of the financial health of the MA group.
- Collaborates with Audit and Tax and Business Advisory Group to pinpoint opportunities
- to provide accounting and advisory services to existing clients.
- Provides clients CFO level accounting and advisory services,
- process improvement and workflow enhancement.
- Confers with clients Executive Leadership team to coordinate and prioritize engagement planning.
- Creation of financial dashboards and business intelligence.
- Provides technical expertise and financial statements meeting US GAAP requirements.
- Performs detailed reviews of periodic management-use only and compiled financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Fosters a proactive working relationships with clients and cross-functional departments
- With support from the LFS Practice Leader, studies long-range economic trends in client industries and projects opportunities for future growth of new business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 10 plus years comparable experience in financial management with responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning
- CPA designation required
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems
- Strong supervisory skills and team management skills are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Business Development skills
- Proposal writing skills
- QC oversight and development of procedures